Since I’m not returning to hobby blogging for some time, I wanted to make sure the top post here was useful. Want to support Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ rights, and related causes? Here are some ways you can help.
This Carrd is packed with actionable items for supporting racial justice: links to organizations that need your financial help, protest resources, and petitions.
- If you can’t protest, donate
- If you can’t donate, sign petitions
- Contact your city council and other local officials
Here are a few specific recommendations, in case you’re not sure where to start:
- Find your local bail fund and donate to it. Here’s a list of mutual aid funds throughout the US. Donate to LGBTQ Freedom Fund, which bails out LGBTQ folks.
- Find your local Black Lives Matter chapter and make a donation.
- Donate to The Trevor Project, which provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services, and The Okra Project, which hires Black trans folks to feed Black trans folks.
- Want to go national? Split your donation among multiple bail funds. Here’s a tool for doing that. Or donate to a national organization fighting for racial justice and progressive causes, like the NAACP, GLAD, or ACLU.
- Find out who your city council members are and contact them. There’s probably an online tool for your city; here’s the one for Seattle. Not sure what to say? Demand that they disband the police department and drop all charges against protesters.
Whatever you do, do something. Start small. Build momentum. And then keep going.
Black Lives Matter.
Trans rights are human rights.
Love is love.
Every Confederate monument should be torn down.
Abolish the police.
The Unlucky Isles [affiliate link], the first system-neutral guidebook for my Godsbarrow fantasy campaign setting, is now on DriveThruRPG.