Even though most of the pics in this WIP post are of Squad Adamo, my Death Company gang, Squad Zahariel, gets most of the words.
Death Company color guide
For the figures, I liked the tweaks the GW studio guide puts on the usual red and gold used on most of my Marines. I’ve stuck with that scheme for the most part, and the end result is that many colors are handled differently than usual:
- Black: Abaddon Black > Dark Reaper > Dawnstone
- Red: Khorne Red > Carroburg Crimson > Wazdakka Red > Wild Rider Red
- Armor gaskets: Mechanicus Standard Grey > Nuln Oil > Dawnstone
- Metal and piping: Leadbelcher > Nuln Oil > Stormhost Silver
- Gold: Warplock Bronze > Agrax Earthshade > Brass Scorpion > Runelord Brass
- Purity seal wax, braided cords, sword handle leather: Screamer Pink > Carroburg Crimson > Pink Horror > Emperor’s Children
- Parchment: Rakarth Flesh > Agrax Earthshade > Pallid Wych Flesh > White Scar
- Blood drops: Mephiston Red > Carroburg Crimson > Evil Sunz Scarlet > Fire Dragon Bright
- Eyes: Mephiston Red > Carroburg Crimson > Evil Sunz Scarlet
- Wings: Celestra Grey > Drakenhof Nightshade > Ulthuan Grey > White Scar
- Jump pack jets: Caledor Sky > Drakenhof Nightshade > Temple Guard Blue > Baharroth Blue
With the Death Company color scheme reversing the usual Blood Angels colors — black dominant, red accents — I wanted to make sure their bases added some pops of color beyond my usual skulls and rocks. Other base elements are as per usual, but the stuff I added to these particular bases is covered below:
- Tau scrap: Caledor Sky > Drakenhof Nightshade > Temple Guard Blue
- Ork scrap: Castellan Green or Averland Sunset > Agrax Earthshade > 50/50 Castellan Green/Moot Green or Yriel Yellow > Ryza Rust drybrush
As expected, the Death Company color scheme makes a nice palate cleanser after the red, red, red of the rest of my army. Onwards!
The Unlucky Isles [affiliate link], the first system-neutral guidebook for my Godsbarrow fantasy campaign setting, is now on DriveThruRPG.